Fill out the form below to purchase a permit
Bough Permit Terms & Conditions
Your bough permit will be mailed to you within 7-10 days. Your receipt from this purchase will be your valid bough permit until your original permit is received. You must display this receipt or actual bough permit on the dash of your vehicle while cutting boughs. This permit is valid only between October 1 and December 31 of the year purchased.
This permit authorizes you, your spouse and children who are less than 18 years of age, to cut BALSAM FIR BOUGHS ONLY on Iron County Forest Lands that are located south of U.S. Hwy 2, and that are more than 25 feet from the ditch line of any Federal, State or County Trunk Road. This permit does not authorize the cutting of any boughs on lands that are not owned by Iron County, or on lands owned by Iron County that are not part of the County Forest. All bough cutters will follow County ordinances with regards to ATV use and littering in addition to the Iron County Forest Rutting Policy. Violators will be prosecuted.
You cannot cut any boughs within the boundaries of Lake of the Falls, Weber Lake, Schomberg Park, Shay’s Dam, Potato River Falls or Saxon Harbor County Parks. You must comply with all County Forest ordinances as well as the following restrictions:
- Iron County Bough Permit Fee: $125.00.
- You may not interfere with bough cutting being done by anyone else on Iron County Forest lands.
- This permit DOES NOT authorize you to cut boughs on any lands that are not owned by Iron County Forest. Be sure that you know your location and you have landowner permission before you cut on any lands not owned by Iron County Forest.
- You may not cut boughs in areas of the County Forest where active logging is underway without first obtaining permission from the logger.
- You do not have to report the amount of boughs cut. There is no limit on the amount of boughs that you may cut under the authorization of this permit.
- You are responsible for making sure that you are cutting on the Iron County Forest lands open to bough cutting.
- ONLY your spouse and any of your children under the age of 18 may assist you with bough cutting for no additional fee. Any other adult who assists you with cutting must purchase his or her own permit. If you intend to have your spouse or non-adult children assist you, their names must be recorded on the face of this permit when purchased.
- Iron County reserves that right to suspend or revoke this permit at any time that the Iron County Forest Administrator or agents has reason to believe that you have violated these regulations.
- Vehicle or ATV/UTV use is not permitted off marked roads or trails. Vehicle use is prohibited on any ATV/UTV and/or snowmobile trail. Any rutting or damage to wetlands shall result in permit revocation and will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
By signing this permit you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Iron County from any claims or damages resulting from your actions or those of your employees or agents.