Fill out the form below to purchase permit
Firewood Permit Terms & Conditions
Your firewood permit will be mailed to you within 7-10 days. Your receipt from this purchase will be valid firewood permit until your original permit is received. You must display this receipt or actual firewood permit on the dash of your vehicle while cutting firewood. This permit expires one year from the date of purchase.
THIS FIREWOOD PERMIT IS FOR THE REMOVAL OF SLASH, TOPS, AND DOWN TREES THAT
ARE LYING ON IRON COUNTY FOREST LANDS. IT ALLOWS YOU TO REMOVE LOGGING
SLASH AND DOWN TREES FROM IRON COUNTY FOREST LANDS THAT ARE NOT UNDER
THIS PERMIT DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO:
- Cut on any lands other than Iron County Forest lands.
- Remove decked pulpwood or logs – no matter how old they are.
- Cut any standing trees – whether dead or alive.
- Travel with motor vehicles on trails that are gated or posted against motor vehicle travel.
- You must use this firewood permit only for yourself or your immediate family and may not sell it. You may not cut more than 10 pulpwood cords per year.
- The Iron County Forestry Dept. may immediately cancel or revoke this permit for any reason by giving oral or written notice to you. The permit fee will not be refunded.
- Your permit expires one (1) year from the date issued.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Iron County from any claims, or damages, resulting from your actions or those of your employees or agents.
- You may remove slash and tops from county forest land that is under a timber sale contract only if you obtain permission from the contract holder.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE CONDITIONS OF THIS PERMIT COULD RESULT IN A FINE OF $250.00.